Hiring a Vermont Website Designer
Hiring a Vermont website designer is a big decision because, to a great degree, you will depend upon them to create a stunning and effective website to market your products or services.
Choosing the wrong website designer could be costly and also waste you a lot of time. Your relationship with a designer may not end when your website is launched. The web designer you choose may also offer hosting, ongoing search engine optimization, and maintenance so that you may depend upon them for years.
In today’s world, you can have a website designed almost anywhere. However, hiring a website designer based in Vermont helps the State’s economy. Hiring a web designer near you will help your local economy too.
Finding the right Vermont web designer for your situation can be a daunting task. Vermont is home to many talented web designers, and it’s important to find the one that best suits your needs. In this article, I’ll offer some tips and things to consider on how to find a Vermont web designer.
Perhaps you are still wondering if a website is right for you. Many small businesses still do not have a website. For businesses wanting to expand their target market, sales, or leads, having a website is crucial in today’s digital age. A website helps establish an online presence but also helps attract new customers and increase revenue.
When looking for a designer, it’s essential to consider their experience and portfolio, and client testimonials. A web designer’s portfolio of previous work and testimonials indicates their capabilities. A good web designer should be able to research your industry and/or niche so they understand your competitive environment.
Another factor to consider when looking for a web designer based in Vermont is their pricing. Depending upon whether you DIY a website, hire a freelance designer, or hire a web design agency, a small business website may cost from $500 to $10,000 or more. It’s important to find a designer whose pricing is within your budget. However, it’s important to remember that quality should not be compromised for cost. Typically, freelance web designers will have lower prices than an agency with many employees, offices, and benefits, … Your website needs may not need the capabilities of an agency with employees that specialize in digital marketing disciplines.
Find a Vermont website designer that you feel comfortable with. A web designer who communicates effectively and provides excellent client service can make the web design process less stressful. Ideally, you will find evidence of a web designer’s client service in their testimonials. Learn more about me here.
Unless you have lots of money to spend on paid advertising and pay-per-click type marketing to get visitors to your website, it’s important to consider a web designer who does on-page search engine optimization (SEO) and is skillful at implementing critical aspects of organic SEO. Things like image sizes, choosing appropriate keywords to target, proper use of those keywords on your website, inbound / outbound links, page loading speed… with a goal of at least being on Google’s first page of search results.
Online surveys show that the first page of search results get from 70% to 90% of clicks. I.E. Most searchers do NOT go past the first page of search results. This highlights the importance of having a website that is optimized for search engines. Your web designer must have the knowledge and experience in SEO to ensure that your website ranks on the first page of search engine results pages.
Here are some specific tips on finding a Vermont website designer.
- Search online: Search engines like Google and Bing can find Vermont web designers. Search for keywords like “Vermont website designer”, “web design services Vermont” or “web designers near me”.
- Local directories: Explore local directories specific to Vermont, such as the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, Front Porch Forum or your local chamber or business association. The Northeast Kingdom Chamber of Commerce is an example of a local chamber.
- Social media: Explore social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter to search for Vermont web designers. Join local business groups or communities in Vermont and ask for recommendations or search for posts related to web design services.
- Ask for referrals: Ask friends, colleagues, or business owners in Vermont if they have worked with any web designers that they recommend. Personal recommendations can be valuable in finding reliable professionals.
- Attend local events: Check for local networking events, meetups, or conferences related to web design or technology in Vermont. These events provide an opportunity to connect with designers, see their work, and discuss your project face-to-face.
- Freelance platforms: Websites like Upwork, Freelancer, or Fiverr allow you to search for freelance web designers by location. Filter the search results to find designers in Vermont.
- Compile a list of Vermont website designers, review their websites, portfolios, and client testimonials. Contact those you want to know more about. Most, if not all, Vermont web designers offer an initial free consultation.
Email me for a free consultation on your website needs and/or to explore how I may make your website work harder for you.
Get a jumpstart on your free consultation by completing my Website Questionnaire.